This chapter was a big help in confirming my hunch. I guess I always knew I wanted to be a teacher but never thought it was the right career choice for me. All through high school and even up to my first semester of college I thought making money was the most importan thing. I know so much more now and money does not lead to happiness.
The Campbell work orientations further confirmed I should be a teacher. After answering a few questions I found that, I like to help people...a lot! I also love being able to influence people to better themselves down the road. I think this ties in greatly to being a teacher. I'm not much of an analyzer so I would stay away from careers that dealt with numbers and charts!
The Portable Skills Profile was a breeze to take!
I find myself to have excellent interpersonal skills, I can talk to anyone and am very easy to get along with. My interpersonal skills tie in with my communication skills. I can get my point across very easily and professionally.
This chapter was very helpful to me in pointing out I could make it as a teacher with the skills and knowledge I have currently and showing me where I need improvement.
ya i do agree with you . the chapt was a good way us to realize what we should peruse.
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog post. complete with summary of information plus your reflection of how it relates to you both presented in a useful way. Rock on!
ReplyDeleteI think that the goal of teaching is admirable. If you want to do it, go for it. I would just advise that you consider it's not only a matter of skills. The educational environment is rife with bureaucracy and politics. If you like students, it's great. If, like me, you dislike having to make people like you just to keep your job or advance, it may not be for you.
ReplyDeleteOne of the reasons I am a good fit for law is that the job is based on success and not being likeable. In a large firm, this isn't necessarily true though.
Where do you want to teach? There are many opportunities in NY and elsewhere. Public, private, charter. college, high school, middle school, elementary. special education, ESL, etc.
Of all the people in my life so far, teachers and professors have been some of the most influential and important. It is a profession for people better than I.